Pages

Wednesday 5 March 2008

Overlays freebie and Guess what!


Hi All!! I am doing a happy dance tonight I have just been reading an article on Scraps of Mind by ME!!! Wow, I have been back and read it twice.....I like it...even though I did write it! I know I may be just a wee tiny weeny bit prejudiced!! But have a look and decide for yourself its called "What Happened to the Sad and the Bad?" it talks about ideas on how to scrap those not so great moments that are still part of our lives and thus have a place in our scrapbooks. I'd love to hear what you think of it.....please..be kind!lol! I am a great fan of Scraps of Mind and so I am honoured that Karen has published it. Thank you Karen!!
I have been spending some time working on overlays, not with them as such but making some for my shop. I have done some texture ones and I'm working on the patterned ones now. They should be in the shop at Scrappin Digi Kreations at the end of the week. They will be for personal and commercial use. I loved on of them sooo much, I played for ages with it and made a paper that looks just like it has a ray of sunshine passing over it. Dull shade and then this ray of sunshine..just beautiful! What do you think? Have a look am I cracking up or is this lovely?

Sunshine across the shadow. I love this paper!!

I was so into overlays that I decided that tonight's freebie had to have some too!! Just for you all to enjoy playing and layering as much as I have. So have a go, what ever your program, layer and change the blending modes, opacity, fill and try adding colour to them. Just fill the first layer with colour and then start the overlay layers. Enjoy and experiment, its the most unlikely combinations that come up with goodies I find. You can have loads of them layered or just one or two, its up to you. Have fun!! I'd love to see what you come up! The files are in png format and there are three in the download. This is one of the pattern overlay using different blending modes, hate same colour just changing the blending mode each time.


You can download the three play overlays in tonights freebie here


Now on to tonight layouts. I have some little gems tonight to share with you. First are this weeks Monday Challenge layouts, its amazing how many ideas you came up with for that torn cardboard!!! Tracy came up with a cute layout she stapled the corners and used the arrow in . I love the photo...look at those horns!!! That girl is being brave again...first crocs and now bulls!! She has made a fantastic job of the frame and I love those stitches!! Wonderful layout!!






Credits: Torn Cardboard and Go Wild Kit by Cens Stuff

Dorys's layout uses some interesting photographic effects on one of the pictures and her journaling reads "No matters what kind of arts we use, your much more beautiful when your at your natural" I think that is very true for lots of things but certainly for her daughter, she looks lovely just as she is!! Gorgeous layout Dorys!!


Credits: Cardboard Bits from CensStuff, Alpha and paper by Dorys, Note pad and pen from Imagine by fran.blogspot.com.

This one uses the corners and the frame and Su has used a tiled effect for her background, clever idea! I like the missing tiles...works well to let the paper show through. Great challenge piece!!


Credits: Torn Cardboard and Faded Beauty by Cens Stuff

Gabrielle has a special picture of her boys when they were young in her layout and she has done a wonderful bit of extraction on it! She used the frame and the arrow and the rest of the kit she used was made by her...she has it as a freebie on her blog so drop by and have a look. "Boys will be Boys" a great name for a kit! I love her word art too.


Credit Torn Cardboard by Cens Stuff, Kit Boys Will Be Boys by Gabrielle

An other bright and fun layout from Linda, with great word art and a cute paper she did with brushes. Is there no end to your talents ladies? Fantastic job Linda!!


Credits: Cardboard Pieces by June Of Cen's Loft, Ribbon, Ric Rac and Flower Base by Latte'Dah Designs Background Paper by Me - Linda JD, Font Used - TCG Tiger

What a marvellous message on this one!! I loved the word art and found it quite beautiful. kim has coloured her cardboard to go with the layout and it looks great!! Gorgeous!!

Credits...Papers, ribbons & tag from 'Beautiful Dreamer' kit by Gabrielle Cardboard flowers & frame from 'Torn Cardboard Elements' by Cen's Stuff - (recolored) Folded corner template Set 4 by Karah FredricksPhoto by me Font used is MA Simple Pleasure

No we have a favourite of mine...this cutie layout from Jessica! Look at that little cat!! He is darling and so is the layout. Love it Jessica, thanks for sharing it!!



Credits: Faded Beauty by Cens Stuff

For anyone looking for some more great freebies then check out these!! Kim has made a new kit Colours of Spring for the DSO Colour Challenge and she is giving it away on her blog, so drop by and snag it!! It is brilliant!!

Get it at Kims Blog

Then Chris has a wonderful Believe in Spring Paper Pack on her blog, all these goodies and such marvellous colours!! So if you like it drop by and get it here

Get it On Chris's Blog

Ok I am going to go for a rest now...what a post...to many link in this one...it took ages!! Hope you find something you like and see you all soon!! I'm off to put my feet up!! lol! This post has taken much longer than I thought!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your overlay paper. It is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Wow I think you need a drink after that post June...lol Thanks for the overlays to play with...whooohooo. Love all of the girls' layouts they are all fab and just love your sunshine paper...that's cool missus :D

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO's here tonight as usual June. Everyone has outdone themselves. Overlays I'm tickled pink! You kno w how I love these thanks for everything :)

Nexa (Jessica) said...

I just love the other layouts and your overlays too.. but psst.. it's a cat, not a rabbit on the pic..*lol* but I agree it has pretty long ears, hahaha.. thanks for posting my lo anyway, it was made after I read your article, and it represents a bad time in my life, but I was able to make it pretty anway!! *wow* and oh, I linked to your article on the scrapoholics blog.. I LOVE it!
HUGS from me and Lucas (who's getting better btw)

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TYFS all the FAB LO's!!!!!!
TY so very much for these AWESOME overlays!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

LindaJD said...

Hi June, your Post sure was a good one tody! lol..
I read your article and had to say it was so inspiring and thought provoking, well done you!
All the layouts are great! and lets face it we have some pretty good stuff to create them with too! Thanks for the ovelrlays these will be a new experience for me but I am so willing to try anything new :)

Anonymous said...

The LO's make me speechless. Everyone is soooo good. It helps to have a greaT HOST. :)

Unknown said...

I think you did a marvelous job on the guest post at Karooch's. I really enjoyed reading myself.

Linda Sutton said...

Just grabbed the overlays. Thanks